Start out on 5m - Offense w/ the ball and a defender on his back.
- Dribble the ball to the opposite 5m.
- Defender can hold, sink, or otherwise impede the player with the ball until 7m.
- At 7m, the defender stays with the player with the ball and plays good (legal) defense.
- The offensive player, "1", makes a good shot under pressure
- On the shot, the defender, "2", counters to offense and the shooter, "1", transitions to defense (tries to catch "2")
- "2" receives a pass from the goalie, and executes his best "1 on nobody" shot
- After the breakaway shot, players get back in line and switch roles...
Emphasis is on conditioning and finishing a counter attack with a good shot when exhausted.Secondary objectives:
- Reaction to offense
- One on nobody shots
- Good goal pass to a breakaway defenderNotes:
- Line up all players at 5m, start next group of players upon shot at far end of pool
- have extra balls for the goalies in case a player misses the goal